I created this page when I was asked to give a little introduction to Android for the Finalists of the Informatics Olympiad in Estonia and repeat this some time later as a presentation for our open house. I will compile here some references for the students I am talking to and for other persons who want to get started with Android and mobile phone development. I might also take this page as a base or reference for future courses on mobile computing.
News (from my blog):
- Android 1.4 (0) - Monday, July 15, 2013 13:21 EET - Raushan GusmanovaLast week I tried to work with tiled map editor. I found that we need GDX library to work with it. I looked through with some tutorials and tried to run some of their examples. However, in android developer they did not run. The strange thing is there is no error in android project inside, ...
- Developing Android Application 6 (1) - Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:58 EET - Damir DoszhanWeekly Review: Changed formula for acceleration. Now I have instead three different acceleration one linear acceleration. lin_accel = Math.sqrt(accel_x^2+accel_y^2+accel_z^2) – earth gravity Now by this data I can move only forward or backward. I want to use data from gyroscope and detect angle of rotation. Despite I added low pass filter, accelerometer data is quite unpredictable and my ...
- Android 1.3 (0) - Wednesday, July 10, 2013 09:20 EET - Raushan GusmanovaMap I have decided to use Tiled map Editor. There are several advantages of it. 1) Your map will be divided into small tiles. So, you can control to add new wall and obstacles to the map. 2) It is easy to edit 3) You can create your .png file and make it tiled map. Tiled map Editor can ...
- Android-ers 1.2 (0) - Monday, July 1, 2013 17:40 EET - Raushan GusmanovaAs we decided to share our duties I took UI part. At first glance, it looks easy to create several pages and connect them. However, today I stucked with creating dialog window with 2 chech boxes and seek bars to regulate music and sound of a game. Hope, to finish all UI stuff by the ...
- Developing Android Application 5 (0) - Monday, July 1, 2013 13:39 EET - Damir DoszhanWeekly Review: I finally moved my image on phone screen but it is better reacts when I rotate my phone instead of moving it. I used data from accelerometer(gives us acceleration in x,y and z axis) and by formula Distance = (linear_acceleration)*(time^2)/2 found distance and added to current position. From internet tutorials, I concluded that combination ...
- My lecture slides from the Informatics Olympiad talk (basically the same as the slides for the open house presentation): here
- Slides for the open house lecture: here
- Open house lecture recording.
- eclipse: http://eclipse.org
- Android sdk: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
- adt for eclipse: http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/eclipse-adt.html
- very insightful tutorials: http://developer.android.com/resources/tutorials/hello-world.html
- Nice stuff to toy around with – gives you basically a little quicker emulation or the possibility to configure your own pc/notebook/netbook as an android device: http://www.android-x86.org/
Here are the applications we built together (due to legal reasons I had to replace Kodulaul with a generic birthday song which is under creative commons):
- 3. Nauryz Meetings 28.03.2013: greet02-adroid-app, eclipse-project
- Olympiad Group 1: 11:00-12:00: G1Test
- Olympiad Group 2: 12:00-13:00: G2Test
- Olympiad Group 3: 13:00-14:00: G3Test
- Open house presentation: will be uploaded after the lecture