I created this page when I was asked to give a little introduction to Android for the Finalists of the Informatics Olympiad in Estonia and repeat this some time later as a presentation for our open house. I will compile here some references for the students I am talking to and for other persons who want to get started with Android and mobile phone development. I might also take this page as a base or reference for future courses on mobile computing.
- My lecture slides from the Informatics Olympiad talk (basically the same as the slides for the open house presentation): here
- Slides for the open house lecture: here
- Open house lecture recording.
- eclipse: http://eclipse.org
- Android sdk: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
- adt for eclipse: http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/eclipse-adt.html
- very insightful tutorials: http://developer.android.com/resources/tutorials/hello-world.html
- Nice stuff to toy around with - gives you basically a little quicker emulation or the possibility to configure your own pc/notebook/netbook as an android device: http://www.android-x86.org/
Here are the applications we built together (due to legal reasons I had to replace Kodulaul with a generic birthday song which is under creative commons):