Ich Lass Dich Nicht
A wonderful citrus creme, you can't resist (this is where the name "ich lass dich nicht" comes from - "I can't resist you"). This one of my favorite desserts. I got this recipe once from my dear aunt Gisela in Berlin. As all my recipes, the amounts are a bit imprecise and leave room for experiments. You need for this about the following (for 4 to 6 persons):
- 10 eggs (yes, there are a lot)
- A glass good fresh orange juice with pulp (or freshly pressed oranges)
- Half a glass of good fresh lemon juice with pulp (or freshly pressed lemons)
- Half a glass to one glass of a dry white wine.
- In total there should be not more than one liter of liquid.
- One cup of whipping cream (approx. 35% fat)
- Gelatine (enough for 1-2 liter)
- 200g sugar (or more)
Separate the eggs. Whip the sugar with egg yokes until they are light yellow and creamy. Carefully heat the gelantine according to its recipe (tip from my aunt, add a sip of liquor to prevent destroying it via overheating). Mix the liquids (juices wine and gelatine) carefully under the egg yoke. Whip the egg whites until they are very stiff in a separate bowl. Mix also these carefully (with a fork) with the liquids. Refrigerate the whole mixture. After 1 or 2 hours whip the cream and mix it under the whole mixture. Keep cool until the whole mixture is hard (at least 5 more hours).